Saturday, June 6, 2009

Upcoming child and wedding

So one of my best Friends is getting married. I'm thrilled for him. Moreover, the bride-to-be is pregnant. All of this info I gleaned off the internet, because for some reason I haven't been able to get in touch with him for quite some time.

I should say that this isn't that hard to believe actually. I live in Stockholm, Sweden and he lives in Austin, TX. Moreover, until recently he's been living a single, bachelor existence and I've been married for almost 13 years and have two children. Still, I was hoping to get in touch with him so that I could get all of the juicy details.... But I've got nothing but dead silence.

Well, thanks to facebook I've now learned that he's marrying someone that I have my own history with (before I even met my wife). I'm a little worried that this is why he's been so silent. I mean that was a whole life time ago. In fact I'm thrilled for both of them, yet I have this icky-feeling that although our interactions over the last decade have been quite sparse that this recent event may mean that he's less inclined than before to reach out...

I'm going to use the power of social computing one last time now to make a gesture. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers